collapse

Recent Posts

Re: Spinal Problems In Dogs by Freddie’s mum
[September 16, 2019, 01:35:58 AM]

Dental Disease With Toby by Ann (Admin)
[August 31, 2019, 05:53:37 PM]

Re: Food Ingredient That Can Be Harmful To Your Dog by Ann (Admin)
[August 26, 2019, 03:36:27 AM]

Would Really Love To See More Photos Of Your Shorkies!!! by Ann (Admin)
[July 29, 2019, 10:29:14 PM]

Please Help Me!!! by Ann (Admin)
[July 29, 2019, 10:25:04 PM]

When to introduce your Shorkie to other dogs by Ann (Admin)
[July 07, 2019, 01:28:27 AM]

Author Topic: We need your input on future of Shorkie Talk  (Read 424 times)

Offline Ann (Admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We need your input on future of Shorkie Talk
« on: June 02, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »
Hi Everyone

Our sincere apologies for not being very active on Shorkie Talk for quite some time. A number of personal issues have just hindered our presence here.

The forum has not been very active at all for some time now and we would like to get things happening here again. So we need your opinions and comments on what you think we can do to improve the activity.

What do you need?

Please give us your thoughts and opinions, whatever they are. The more feedback we get the better.

Think about maybe subjects that can be raised, the look and feel of the site, sections we can add and so on.

Your help appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 04:08:35 PM by admin »

Offline Cassie

• View Profile
Re: We need your input on future of Shorkie Talk
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 11:50:17 PM »
Good morning, Ann

My Mother and I were delighted to receive your email this morning and we would love to help you and Shorkie Talk any way we can.

We think Shorkie Talk is an excellent concept.  Us Shorkies deserve a champion. Someone dedicated to the health and welfare of Shorkiekind, making us aware of any problems we need to be aware of, what foods we like to eat, as well as running features on individual Shorkies and their roles within society.

I am seven now and have always felt us Shorkies were underrepresented as a breed, which is one reason I started blogging as a young pup.  I was bought up in a blogging household, so I was very keen to keep up the family tradition and would like to think I have helped many furry friends along life’s canine way since I started writing Cassie the Blog Dog.  A little sassy, down to earth banter, Shorkie to Shorkie, always helps lighten the load.

I’ve helped fellow Shorkies adjust to life in new homes with often-unwelcome siblings.  Cantankerous cats are a very common problem. Being expected to share our water bowls with one of our larger, slobbering, canine cousins is another.  And, of course, it is common knowledge that our canine cousins are not blessed with big, bursting brains, like us Shorkies.

Good luck with Shorkie Talk.  We are permanently signed in and look forward to reading more.

Cassie  :)

Offline Dothat01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 03:29:31 AM »
Yes I would love to help in anyway I can I use to be on this web site .and no one would give me feed back on anything so I had stop being on this web site . So I think people should help each other more and answer the questions if they can or just chat to each other. I would love to help

Offline Dothat01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 03:36:59 AM »
Hello
 I could not put my shorkie Birthday on the Calender Chase Birthday was on May the 29th he is a year old last month how do I put his Birthday on the Calendar please let me know
 Thank you

Offline Neva.sue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 10:43:54 PM »
Hi!  I registered with this site about a year ago but quickly realized there was little to no activity so I haven't been back until now after receiving the email requesting suggestions for improving the site.  I'm really happy to know that the admins are looking to bring life to this forum as it would be such a great resource to turn to regarding anything Shorkie.  I got my beloved Augustus a year and a half ago.  He is a tiny 2.8 pound sable colored sweetheart who has brought so much joy and love to our family.  He is so chershed and having an active forum to be involved with would be wonderful. 
As far as actual suggestions, finding a way to make the forum known to more Shorkie owners so more members would join.  And maybe making it where members are able to personalize our profiles more.  If I had more time utilizing the site I might be able to come up with more suggestions for you but like I stated before I just wasn't on it long before it just seemed abandoned so I haven't spent much time here yet.  But I am so excited for that change and please let me know if there is any way in which I can be useful.   I would be more than happy to help and get the word out for more members.  I'm looking forward to being part of a fabulous Shorkie community!  🙂🥰🐶❤

Offline Ann (Admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 09:59:42 PM »
Thank you to the members that have taken the time to respond to this topic. I have listened to what you have had to say and I do appreciate the honesty and offer for help. Some of the issues you have mentioned I will look into and see f I can fix. With the problem of getting people to answer posts I was thinking that if I send a regular news letter to everyone about new posts on the forum it would hopefully bring people to look at them and answer them. I will personally put posts up on a regular basis.
Do you think that may help?
I have also discovered an issue with logging in so I have asked my husband to fix it for me.
If you have any further suggestions please let me know.
Ann  :)

Share the Love!

* Forum Staff

admin Ann (Admin)
Administrator