collapse

Author Topic: Shorkie Weight Chart/Adult size?  (Read 19458 times)

Offline MarleysMom

• View Profile
Shorkie Weight Chart/Adult size?
« on: September 15, 2008, 01:10:51 PM »
This post is somewhat related to a post by Mai Tai. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen a Shorkie weight/growth chart. I 've seen them for a few other breeds. Marley is 19 weeks (4.5 months) and about 6 lbs. right now. Anyone want to wager any guesses on his adult weight? Also, does anyone know when Shorkies are supposed to "stop" growing?

Offline Ann

• Shorkies are so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Shorkie Weight Chart/Adult size?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 03:28:02 PM »
I'm not sure about a shorkie weight chart I will try and find out. With small breed dogs they generally stop growing between 6 - 9 months. My guess is about 12lbs for Marley. lol ???
Ann

Offline mmcgui

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:46:09 AM »
I think small dogs stop growing at about 7-10 months.  I would guess Marley will be about 10 lbs.

Offline Ladywrite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »
My Christie is 15 months old and weighs 5.5 pounds.  I guess this might be as big as she gets but she sure is funny and sees herself as a big dog.

Offline Mai Tai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »
My Mai Tai weighs 4 lbs at 9 weeks, so I guess he may end up on the bigger end of the shorkie weight chart.  His Brother Max is only 2.6 lbs and his sister Ruby is 2.9.  I guess Mai Tai should let them at the food bowl once in a while.  We were originally going to get the smaller one (Max) but my friend who is giving him to me, thought he might be too small and fragile for my household.  I have 5 children.  She thinks the bigger dog will be a more fun companion for the girls.  I am happy to have either one of the dogs and cannot wait until he joins our family when he is 12 weeks old.  My girls are counting down the days.

Shorkie World

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 06:32:08 AM »
Hi MarleysMom,
I would have to say if your baby is 4.5 months and weights 6lbs she/he will most likely be it the 10lb range when full grow..If you have any other questions please let me know  :-*

cindy
www.shorkieworld.com

Offline Mai Tai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 11:43:19 AM »
Hi Cindy,

How big do you think Mai Tai will be if he was 4 lbs at 9 weeks?  His mom is 5 lbs and his dad is 13 lbs.  (Accidental mating)  His brother and sister are much smaller.  I looked at the puppy charts on line but they do not go up as far as his weight at 9 weeks.  Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.

Karen

Share the Love!

* Recent Posts

* Forum Staff

admin admin
Administrator